Kanchenjunga expedition- 59 days
Kanchenjunga lies in the outskirt between eastern Nepal and north-eastern India. A piece of this mountain lies in Nepal and a section in India. In this way, we can say that it lies in both the nations. Increasing an elevation of 8586m over the ocean level, the mountain is the third most noteworthy top on the planet after Everest and K2 Mountain. Mt. Kanchenjunga lies almost 125km east-south-east of Mount Everest. Mt. Kanchenjunga is additionally a piece of incredible Himalayan range.
The name ‘Kanchenjunga’ signifies the five fortunes of snow in Tibet language which symbolizes the five significant pinnacles of the district yet as indicated by the nearby individuals the five fortunes speaks to salt, gold, turquoise and extraordinary stone , frightened sacred writings, grain and medication and some more.
The main effective climb of the mountain was done in 25 May 1955 by George Brand and Joe Brown. Krzysztof Wielicki and Jerzy Kukuczka in January 11, 1986 did the principal winter rising. Till now 40 individuals have lost their lives endeavoring to summit Kanchenjunga.
The passing rate before 1990 was 37% which has been diminished to 4.4% as indicated by an investigation of 1990-2003. Mt. Kanchenjunga has four climbing highways three (South West, North West and North East) from Nepal and one (North East Sikkim) from India. The North East climbing courses has been restricted by Indian government since 2000 and it has just three fruitful summits. The west climbing courses are more mainstream than the east ones.
Alongside its magnificent excellence, Kanchenjunga is a home for in excess of 250 types of feathered creatures and natural life with high mountain lakes in Olangchunggola. It has rich varieties of widely varied vegetation. 30 varieties of Rhododendron and 69 varieties of Orchids can be found right now countries 20 indigenous gymnosperms and 15 endemic blossoming plants.
However, in view of its remote area from Nepal and trouble in getting to from India, this locale isn’t so well known among the trekkers. One can investigate the immaculate excellence of the nature visiting the Kanchenjunga district with the campaign of universes third most noteworthy summit.
Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel Yak and Yeti or similar hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (1350M/4,430ft).
Day 2-3:Preparation, briefings, last minute shopping and formalities.
Day04:Drive from Kathmandu to Phidim(1200m/3,937ft) 12hrs.Overnight hotel accommodation.
Day 05:Drive from Phidim to Khamdani via Dahalgaonby a local Jeep (1650m/5,413ft) 4hrs. Overnight at tea house/camping accommodation.
Day06:Trek from Khamdani to Khebang(1910m/6,267ft) 5 hrs.Tea house/camping accommodation.
Day07:Trek from Khebang to Yamphudin(2080m/6,824ft) 7hrs.Tea house/ camping accommodation.
Day 08:Trek from Yamphudin to Tortong(2995m/9,826ft) 8 hrs.Tea house/camping accommodation.
Day 09:Trek from Tortong to Cheram(Tseram)(3870m/12,697ft) 7hrs.Teahouse/camping accommodation.
Day 10:Trek from Tseram to Ramche call as Ramchaur (4530m/14,862ft) 5hrs.Teahouse/camping accommodation.
Day 11:Rest and acclimatization day before reaching Tso Glassier camp.
Day 12:Trek from Ramche to glacier camp (5176m/16,981ft) 6hrs. Camping accommodation.
Day 13:Trek from Tso glacier camp to Kanchenjunga Advance base camp (5400m/17,717ft) 6hrs.
D 14-53:Kanchenjunga climbing period (8586m/28,169ft)Summit.
Day 54:Preparation and clean the camp for return
Day 55:Trek from Yalung Base camp to Ramche(4530m/14,862ft) 7hrs.
Day 52:Trek from Ramche to Tortang (2995m/9,826ft) 8hrs.
Day 53:Trek from Tortang to Yamphudin(2080m/6,824ft) 5hrs.Tea house/camping accommodation.
Day 54:Trek from Yamphudin to Khebang(1910m/6,267ft) 5 hrs. Tea house/ camping accommodation.
Day 55:Trek from Khebang to Khamdanivia Dahalgaon(1650m/5,413ft) 6hrs.Tea house/camping accommodation.
Day 56:Drive from Khamdani to Ilam(3636m/11,930ft) 7 hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 57:Drive from Ilam to Kathmandu (1350m/4,429ft) 10 hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 58:Leisure and shopping,.Farewell-celebration dinner in the evening.
Day 59:Transfer to the airport for final departure.
- Airports picks up and drop.
- Air cargo clearance.
- Expedition permits fees.
- Guide for Kathmandu sightseeing if you want.
- All related Airport / hotel / airport transportation.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (3 star Category).
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu airfare for tourist members and your staffs.
- Full board service of Kathmandu to Kathmandu.
- All necessary expedition material transport (Lukla-EBC-Lukla) by yaks or porters and all their expenses.
- Airport taxes for domestic flight.
- EBC & ABC Nepali Cooks with equipment, wages, insurances.
- Dining and kitchen tent in EBC with high altitude cook.
- 1 to 1 member to climbing Sherpa ratio with equipment, wages, insurance.
- All mountain tents provided-Single Tent at BC and 2 people to a three-men tent above BC.
- Gas heaters in the dining tent & solar panel power available at BC.
- Dining Tables and chairs.
- Climbing Permits and all necessary documents.
- Garbage deposit.
- Ice fall route maintenance fees.
- Radio talkie-talkie set for climbers and Sherpas, including permit charges.
- EPI Gas with burner and cooking pot set.
- High altitude food with personal pack.
- 5 cylinders of oxygen (brand new Poisk) per climber with mask and regulator set.
- 3 cylinders of oxygen (Refilled) per climbing Sherpa with mask and regulator set.
- Liaison Officer charges including airfare and insurance.
- Shower tent at BC.
- Toilet tent at BC & CII.
- Gamow Bag at CII.
- Satellite telephone (per minute rates apply).
- Travel insurance (Should include helicopter evacuation as well).
- Trip cancellation charge.
- International air tickets.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Expenses of personal natures/uses.
- Tips (you should allow maximum as you can in tips for Everest summiteers).