Lhotse expedition- 62 days
Mount Lhotse (8516M/27,940ft.) was first hopped on May 18th, 1956 when the climbers Mr. Fritz Luchsinger and Ernst Reiss from Switzerland. In 1955 the International Himalayan Expedition group, drove by Norman Dyhrenfurth arrived at 8100m on Lhotse. The group included two Austrians climbers Erwin Schneider, Ernst Senn, and two Swiss Bruno Spirig and Arthur Spöhel. They were joined by very nearly 200 neighborhood watchmen and 8 climbing Sherpas control. After a short glance at the perilous southern methodologies of Lhotse Shar, they turned their consideration the Northwest substance of Lhotse. The gatherings were beaten back by suddenly solid breeze and cold temperatures. At the point when the group noticed the facilitate of 27°57’45” N 86°56’03” E was the genuine summit area, south col become the typical climbing courses. The procession course of Mt. Lhotse Expedition is equivalent to the course with Mt. Everest. All campaign group of Mount Everest and Mount Lhotse arrive at just beneath the South col on the Lhotse face and set up camp I, II, III at a similar spot. Subsequent to considering the history and past climbing experience we noticed that Mt. Lhotse Expedition is extremely specialized contrasted with Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Everest and Mt. Makalu.
Mt. Lhotse is getting acclaimed for its gigantic and emotional South face. The South face raises 3.2 km and is 2.25 km wide making it the steepest essence of this size on the planet. Henceforth it is enlisted as one of the most very troublesome trips and is seldom endeavored. Lhotse is arranged at the outskirt of Tibet and Nepal. Indeed Lhotse has 3 summits. The fundamental summit of Lhotse is at rise of (8,516m/27,940ft), Lhotse Middle (8,414m/27,605ft) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m/27,503ft). Starting at now the greater part of the climbers and mountain darlings in the past note that there are just 14 mountains above 8000m on the earth.8 of those mountains lie in Nepal yet as of late it has been changed and it appears that there are 12 8000m mountains in the Himalaya on the off chance that you tally Lhotse Middle, Lhotse Sher, Kanchenjunga center and South east. The Lhotse standard climbing course follows a similar way as Everest’s South Col course up to the Yellow Band past Camp 3. After the Yellow Band the courses separate with climbers headed for Everest taking a left over the Geneva Spur up toward the South Col, while Lhotse climbers take a privilege further up the Lhotse face.
Any climber headed for the South Col on Everest must move about a 1000m mass of icy blue ice. This face ascends at 40-45 degree with the infrequent 80 degree swells. Satori climbing Sherpa guide will set repaired ropes this mass of ice. Climbers and doormen need to build up a decent cadence of foot situation and pulling themselves up the ropes utilizing their Jumars. Two rough segments called the Yellow Band and the Geneva Spur intrude on the frosty rising on the upper piece of the face. The moved toward Lhotse course is through the celebrated Khumbu district of Nepal paving the way to the Khumbu Glacier stretching out down to Lobuche (4750m). After 30 minutes picturesque trip to Lukla (Which is known as the Khumbu portal point) you will trek toward Namche Bazaar (3400m), Tengboche (3800m), Pheriche (4200m), Lobuche (4710m), Gorak Shep (5150m) to Everest/Lhotse; Base Camp (5200m). It takes commonly 8-9 days to arrive at Advance base camp from Kathmandu.
Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel Yak and Yeti or similar hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (1350M/4,430ft).
Day 02:Preparation and briefings at Departments of Tourism, last minute shopping.
Day 03:Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla; Trek to Phakding (2650m/8,694ft) 4 hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 04:Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar through colorful Khumbu villages (3440m/11,286ft) 6hrs. Lodge accommodation.
Day 05:Rest day for acclimatization.You will be hike to famous Everest View Hotel (3800m/12,487ft) 3hrs. Catch a glimpse of Everest.Explore Hilary and Sherpa museum at Namche in the evening with slide show program.
Day 06:Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3850m/12,631ft) 5-6 hrs.Visit significant Buddhist monastery.Lodge accommodation.
Day 07:Trek from Tengboche to Dengboche (4350m/14,271ft) 4-5 hrs. Catch glimpses of Ama Dablam and Lhotse.Lodge accommodation.
Day 08:Acclimatization in Dingboche(4350M/14,271ft).Hiking up to Chukung-Re.
Day 09:Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (5018m/16,463ft) 4-5hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 10:Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5170m/16,962ft) 3hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 11:Morning acclimatize to Kalapther (5554m) after breakfast Trek from Gorakshep to Everest Base camp (5200m/17060ft) 2hrs.
Day12-55: Climbing period (8516m/27,940ft).
Day 56:Preparation for return, trek from Everest base camp to Dingboche(4350m/14,271ft) 4hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 57:Trek from Dingboche to Tengboche (3860m/12,631ft) 4 hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 58:Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11,286ft, 4hrs) Lodge accommodation.
Day 59:Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla(2840m/9,317ft) 7hrs.Lodge accommodation.
Day 60:Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (1350m/4,430ft) 35mins.Transfer to hotel.
Day 61:Leisure day & shopping in Kathmandu. Fair well-celebration dinner with culture program in the evening.
Day 62:Transfer to the airport for final departure.
- Airports picks up and drop.
- Air cargo clearance.
- Expedition permits fees.
- Guide for Kathmandu sightseeing if you want.
- All related Airport / hotel / airport transportation.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (3 star Category).
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu airfare for tourist members and your staffs.
- Full board service of Kathmandu to Kathmandu.
- All necessary expedition material transport (Lukla-EBC-Lukla) by yaks or porters and all their expenses.
- Airport taxes for domestic flight.
- EBC & ABC Nepali Cooks with equipment, wages, insurances.
- Dining and kitchen tent in EBC with high altitude cook.
- 1 to 1 member to climbing Sherpa ratio with equipment, wages, insurance.
- All mountain tents provided-Single Tent at BC and 2 people to a three-men tent above BC.
- Gas heaters in the dining tent & solar panel power available at BC.
- Dining Tables and chairs.
- Climbing Permits and all necessary documents.
- Garbage deposit.
- Ice fall route maintenance fees.
- Radio talkie-talkie set for climbers and Sherpas, including permit charges.
- EPI Gas with burner and cooking pot set.
- High altitude food with personal pack.
- 5 cylinders of oxygen (brand new Poisk) per climber with mask and regulator set.
- 3 cylinders of oxygen (Refilled) per climbing Sherpa with mask and regulator set.
- Liaison Officer charges including airfare and insurance.
- Shower tent at BC.
- Toilet tent at BC & CII.
- Gamow Bag at CII.
- Satellite telephone (per minute rates apply).
- Travel insurance (Should include helicopter evacuation as well).
- Trip cancellation charge.
- International air tickets.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Expenses of personal natures/uses.
- Tips (you should allow maximum as you can in tips for Everest summiteers).